Every cent of the monies we raise through our fundraising efforts goes right back into the community of Bellingham, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the humanitarian efforts of Lions Clubs International.
The Bellingham Lions provide free vision screenings for all age groups and support the youth in our community through scholarships and sponsorships of youth sports and the arts.
The Bellingham Lions are committed to ending hunger in our community by supporting the local food pantries. We also:
- Host a holiday luncheon for Bellingham and Franklin senior citizens;
- Santa Project to benefit the Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry;
- Host an annual golf tournament to award scholarships to local students;
- Operate a toll road to raise funds for eye research and charities and promote awareness of how pedestrians and motorists can assist white cane and guide dog users at street crossings;
- Sponsor a speech contest for students in grades 10, 11 & 12;
- Promote a peace poster contest for students aged 11-13 years of age;
- Sponsor the Lions EyeMobile; and
- Work with and provide assistance to other local non-profit organizations and charities